Coronavirus news and updates from Colorado Springs, the Pikes Peak region, and other locations in Colorado and the United States
– A COVID-19 The outbreak has resulted in the Air Force hockey program being suspended for two weeks and change four home games. Read more here.
– – UCHealth is preparing to start a phase 3 study for another COVID-19 vaccine, the third coronavirus vaccination study the Colorado hospital giant has conducted since the pandemic began. Read more here.
– – Domestic violence caused by pandemics is leading to an increase in murder in Colorado’s largest cities. Read more here.
– – Small business Owners in El Paso County could use a lifeline to pave their way new scholarship program, announced a press release from the district. Read more here.
– At his press conference on Friday, Governor Jared Polis went through How Coloradans 70 and older can sign up for a COVID vaccine with some of the largest systems in the state. He said hospitals in general have started contacting patients – by phone, email, or through the hospital’s internal messaging systems. Read more here.
– – El Paso County residents can get tested for COVID-19 seven days a week from Monday according to a press release. Read more here.
– Colorado hopes to vaccinate 70% Governor Jared Polis said Friday that residents were over 69 years old at the end of February. Read more here.
– – Small business owners in El Paso County might have a lifeline Thanks to a new grant program, announced a press release from the district. El Paso County is partnering with the Pikes Peak Area Governing Council to distribute local funding after state lawmakers passed a Senate bill providing money for COVID-19 aid to small businesses. Read more here.
– On-site COVID testing – touted by Governor Jared Polis as a means of safely resuming personal learning – will soon be offered in schools that wants to register. For some Pikes Peak areas, it is already old hat. Read more here.
– A new Vaccine website launched Thursday by the El Paso County Department of Health will give residents access to information about access to COVID-19 vaccines, the department said. Read more here.
– Flying under the radar in the midst of Wednesday’s chaos at the State Capitol in Denver and Washington, DC, was one Extension of Colorado’s mask mandateAll older teenagers and adults must wear a mask in public. Read more here.
– – Another case of the new, contagious COVID-19 variant was identified in Colorado, the state’s Department of Public Health and Environment said Thursday evening, bringing the state’s total to three. Another possible case has been identified and has yet to be confirmed, the department said in a press release. Read more here.
– Philip DiStefano, the The Chancellor of the University of Colorado Boulder campus has tested positive for COVID-19 and has mild symptoms, the university announced on Tuesday. Read more here.
– – Colorado school districts have access to more than 1 million rapid COVID-19 tests per month to better track the coronavirus as the pandemic enters a new year, Governor Jared Polis said on Wednesday. Read more here.
– Coronavirus Immunization has not yet had a significant health impact in ColoradoSaid Governor Jared Polis on Wednesday. Read more here.
– – Coronavirus is on the rise again in Colorado’s Front Range, when toilets are treacherousThis may signal an increase after the vacation in certain cases. Read more here.
– After closing for weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic, Some Colorado Springs movie theaters will reopen in this week. Read more here.
– El Paso, Pueblo, and Denver Metro counties were among 33 Colorado counties that switched from red to orange on the state’s COVID-19 dial on Monday – a change that Allows indoor dining in restaurants again and increases the capacity of the gymalbeit limited. Read more here.
– A judge issued an order Monday morning setting out the steps required for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to protect inmates and prison staff from the coronavirusThis includes making masks mandatory within the facility as a first step in a class action lawsuit filed by the Colorado ACLU. Read more here.
– A Colorado Springs Salon, hit hard by the pandemic, keep paying it forward. Read more here.
– Former CNN talk show host Larry King was admitted to the hospital The news channel reported on Saturday with COVID-19 for more than a week. Read more here.
– The French police found five people investigating one on Saturday Underground New Years Eve rave party attended by at least 2,500 people in western France despite curfew for corona viruses and other restrictions. Read more here.
– – One day after the announcement by Colorado Governor Jared Polis Restrictions on places like restaurants and gyms will be eased across much of the state starting next week. Some local health officials said they were concerned about the move. Read more here.
– Coloradans 70 years and older are now part of Phase 1B of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution planJoining medium risk health care workers, first responders and key frontline workers. This is how the vaccination process works. Read more here.
– Governor Jared Polis wanted Avoid conflicting regulations When he moved to ease COVID-19 restrictions in 33 counties, he told Colorado Politics in an interview. Read more here.
– Sue Ok Dailey is not a nurse or a doctor, but she has been wearing a face mask, face shield, hair net and a blue dress every day for a week walks through the doors of a nursing home in Colorado Springswhere the coronavirus has taken more than 20 lives. Read more here.
– In Colorado Springs and around the world Coronavirus dominated the headlines in 2020. Read more here.
– The Colorado Restaurant Association sent a letter to Governor Jared Polis Wednesday night after an updated vaccine prioritization list was released earlier that day showing it Restaurant workers, who make up 10% of the Colorado workforce, nowhere appear on this list. Read more here.
– Governor Jared Polis announced on Wednesday that he plans to ease COVID restrictions in all “red” counties, including the Pikes Peak region, starting Monday. The change would Enable indoor dining in restaurants and increase capacity in gyms. Read more here.
– The first confirmed case of a new, highly transmittable variant of COVID-19 was discovered in a member of the Colorado National Guard Officials announced on Wednesday that they were stationed in a nursing home in Simla. A second member of the National Guard is suspected of also having the variant. Read more here.