Coronavirus news and updates from Colorado Springs, the Pikes Peak region, and other locations in Colorado and the United States
– Former CNN talk show host Larry King has been hospitalized with COVID-19 for more than a week, the news channel reported on Saturday. Read more here.
– The French police found five people investigating one on Saturday Underground New Years Eve rave party attended by at least 2,500 people in western France despite curfew for corona viruses and other restrictions. Read more here.
– – One day after the announcement by Colorado Governor Jared Polis Restrictions on places like restaurants and gyms will be eased across much of the state starting next week. Some local health officials said they were concerned about the move. Read more here.
– Coloradans 70 years and older are now part of Phase 1B of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution planJoining medium risk health care workers, first responders and key frontline workers. This is how the vaccination process works. Read more here.
– Governor Jared Polis wanted Avoid conflicting regulations When he moved to ease COVID-19 restrictions in 33 counties, he told Colorado Politics in an interview. Read more here.
– Sue Ok Dailey is not a nurse or a doctor, but she has been wearing a face mask, face shield, hair net and a blue dress every day for a week walks through the doors of a nursing home in Colorado Springswhere the coronavirus has taken more than 20 lives. Read more here.
– In Colorado Springs and around the world Coronavirus dominated the headlines in 2020. Read more here.
– The Colorado Restaurant Association sent a letter to Governor Jared Polis on Wednesday evening after an updated vaccine prioritization list was released earlier that day showing this Restaurant workers, who make up 10% of the Colorado workforce, nowhere appear on this list. Read more here.
– Governor Jared Polis announced on Wednesday that he plans to ease COVID restrictions in all “red” counties, including the Pikes Peak region, starting Monday. The change would Enable indoor dining in restaurants and increase capacity in gyms. Read more here.
– The first confirmed case of a new, highly transmittable variant of COVID-19 was discovered in a member of the Colorado National Guard Officials announced on Wednesday that they were stationed in a nursing home in Simla. A second member of the National Guard is suspected of also having the variant. Read more here.
– More than 120 employees at Colorado’s two in-n-out burgers fell ill with the coronavirus, part of an ongoing outbreak that has hit the Colorado Springs location particularly hard. Read more here.
– El Paso County and a coalition of other agencies announced they would do so Keep track of a way to open up indoor diningafter first calling government requirements costly for local governments and businesses. Read more here.
– Coloradans are 70 and older Now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine Governor Jared Polis said Wednesday. But it will likely be four or five weeks before everyone in this age group gets their first dose. Read more here.
– The Vail police are looking for a man to be accused slapping another man in the face for refusing to carry him a face covering in Vail Village. Read more here.
– – inmate Deaths associated with COVID-19 more than doubled in Colorado prisons this monthThis underscores the ongoing review that enough has been done to slow the spread of the virus behind bars. Read more here.
Comments are closed.