Some city employees took home some big bucks in Regina.
The city has released its public accounts report from last year. It includes a list of salaries and other expenses for employees who work directly with the city, as well as members of the fire department, police service, Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) and a few other areas.
The list includes the salary of every employee who receives more than $50,000.
The annual public accounts report was presented to Regina’s executive committee on Wednesday.
The employees’ pay is broken up into two categories: Their base salary, and an “other” category.
According to the report, “other remuneration may include vacation credits, sick credits, allowances, membership fees of $1,000 or greater, and/or amounts paid to an employee upon termination.”
Former city manager Chris Holden again held the top spot on the list.
Between his base salary and his “other” pay, Holden earned $297,951 last year. Holden was dismissed by the city in February.
Tim Reid, the president and CEO of REAL, took home more than $295,000 in 2021.
Next on the list were the two highest-ranking police officers in the city. Chief Evan Bray made more than $287,000, with Deputy Chief Dean Rae fourth at $253,719.
Diana Hawryluk, the executive director of city planning and community development for the city, rounded out the top five with earnings of $246,005.
Here are the top 10 highest-paid city employees in 2021:
- Chris Holden, city manager, $297,951 ($291,451 + $6,500)
- Tim Reid, president and CEO of REAL, $295,423 ($286,423 + $9,000)
- Evan Bray, police chief, $287,899 ($278,212 + $9,687)
- Dean Rae, deputy police chief, $253,719 ($241,917 + $11,802)
- Diana Hawryluk, executive director of city planning and community development, $246,005 ($242,105 + $3,900)
- Barry Lacey, executive director of financial strategy and sustainability, $243,631 ($239,731 + $2,900)
- Pamela Deck, director of corporate strategy and performance, $241,860 ($75,759 + $166,101)
- Kim Onrait, executive director of citizen services, $238,536 ($234,636 + $3,900)
- Byron Werry, city solicitor, $228,325 ($224,425 + $3,900)
- Louise Folk, executive director of people and transformation, $225,018 ($221,118 + $3,900)
Mayor Sandra Masters had a salary of $150,217 in 2021.
Each city councillor got a base salary of $49,818 and six of them — Lori Bresciani, John Findura, Bob Hawkins, Jason Mancinelli, Cheryl Stadnichuk and Andrew Stevens — received $600 as a deputy mayor salary.
Comments are closed.